Effective telesales requires the right tools. Let’s explore the most important ones.
Do you use them all in your telesales actions?
1. Predictive Dialer, the Programmable Number Dialing
It’s the most advanced mode of calling, based on artificial intelligence algorithms. Recommended for B2C sales and information campaigns, as well as many debt collection activities.
Since the predictive dialer improves agent efficiency by up to 40%, it’s a must-have for all telesales. For in-house contact centers – to turn a profit. For outsourced contact centers – to simply survive.
Focus Predictive Dialer is a top-level solution, adjusting the calling rhythm to the individual capacities of every agent, significantly improving outbound campaign efficiency. In addition, it minimizes the risk of calls the agents have to little time to handle.
2. Voice Mail Detection – VMD
VMD complements the predictive dialer. It works by automatically detecting and terminating redirects to mobile network voice mail systems. This ensures massive savings in agent time, often up to 50%. The agents don’t wait for performance-sapping voice mail calls.
At the same time, VMD reduces telephone costs. The system catches calls about to be redirected to voice mail and immediately terminates them, so no connection costs are billed.
The scripter tool makes it easy to create and configure the call scenario for telesales campaigns. A high-quality scripter should offer the following capabilities:
- easy setup – including „drag and drop” functionality;
- various types of form fields – text frames, multiple choice fields, masked fields, etc.
- image support – images make conversations easier. A photo of a POS terminal allows the agent to easier instruct the customer on what to do. A diagram drawing will help the agent presenting a step-by-step process (such as filing a complaint or placing an order).
- hyperlinking support providing the agent with one-click access to the detailed offer or product information to aid in the conversation.
In addition to that, the Focus Contact Center Scripter includes the following functionalities:
- order form with a customizable product and price table, discounting options, and a configurable supplier list;
- markers or tags – allow the placement of fields in the scripts which, when marked by the agent, tag the voice recording of the call. When replaying the call, it is possible to go directly to the tag. Tags are usually placed at important sections, such as the customer’s consent to process certain personal data or the acceptance of an order.
4. Call Recording with Tagging
Successful telesales requires call recording for at least three reasons: to check the effectiveness of the script (and to modify it if necessary), as agent training material, and as a tool to solve potential conflicts with customers. To speed up the playback of such recordings, they need to be tagged (as described above under the scripter functionalities)
5. Recall Rules, Agent Schedules, and Classifiers
Tools for long-term planned communication, one of the pillars of modern telesales.
Recall rules are useful with customers that could not be reached. Based on pre-defined rules, the communication platform automatically calls those customers again after a certain time. For example, the recall can be made two hours after the first failed contact but only before 8 PM, otherwise – on the following day at 9 AM.
It takes the responsibility of remembering about follow-up calls off the agents.
Agent schedules allow them to review all their planned activities.
Classifiers are the results of a contact, such as “send offer by e-mail” or “closed”, making next communication steps easier.
6. Black List
A list of phone numbers the agents are prohibited to call. If the customer declares they do not want to be called, their number is entered into the black list, which prevents any agent from calling them. The black list protects the company against upsetting the customers and potential heavy financial penalties for privacy infringements.
7. Monitoring and Reporting
The monitoring function enables real-time overview of the campaign results and agent performance. Line managers have direct access to information about closed contacts, orders, etc. They can see agent performance data, such as the number of calls they made. They also know how much time agents spend talking to clients or making notes versus having breaks.
Reporting, on the other hand, allows broader analyses that can be used to tweak the campaign.
Successful telesales runs on solid data delivered on time.
Well-trained staff and carefully selected, modern tools are key to effective telesales. See how you can increase your telesales performance by as much as 60% in this video.